Friday, January 17, 2014

Taos Free Day

Great day today.  The hockey tournament starts tomorrow so today was our only free day to explore.  Got here last night where I promptly drank 2 new beers and chilled in the hot tub.  This morning was a 8 mile 1300ft gain run which was just plain awesome hitting the summit as the sun rose behind me.





Then it was off to Rio Grande Gorge Bridge where I got yelled at by Tribal Police because I left the highway to take some photos of some Bighorn Sheep.  Guess that was Tribal land.
















Then off to Taos Pueblo which was the original Indian settlement that is now out on the Rez.  These buildings are over 1000 years old.  It was $15 per person to checkout this place but well worth it to me.

























No comments:

Post a Comment